How To Boost Your Home's Energy Using Feng Shui & Crystals
Believe it or not, many aspects of your life are related to how your home is laid out and decorated. From love to career, prosperity, and health. It all starts at home. Lets talk about some of the principles of feng shui here.
Feng Shui is the oriental art of placement. Developed over 6,000 years ago in China, Feng Shui's sole mission is to arrange and harmonize your home for good chi or energy to flow freely.
Now more than ever our home should feel like a refuge where we recharge our energy and get ready to face all the difficulties of the outside world.
You can create just the right atmosphere using Feng Shui and Crystals with a little time and effort. Here are some tips on how to implement these magical principles into your life:
The Importance of Energy
In Feng Shui, it's all about balance. Achieving this balance of energy is vital to your well-being. Strong, dominant energy can overwhelm you and make you feel out of control. And too much softness can keep you from taking action.
But before we move into the logistics, let's talk about the first step you need to take: Decluttering! Clutter makes it difficult for chi (energy) to move freely. You can rearrange your home all you want, but nothing will improve if there's still clutter around. Cluttered spaces keep you stuck!
We know it's hard, but sometimes it's better to let things go. Ok? So your first step will be to go through old papers, boxes, clothes, and things you no longer use and get them out of your house. Get rid of as much as you can and open your space for new energies to come!
After you get rid of the negative, energy-sucking voids, it's time to rearrange your house. Remember, Feng Shui is all bout finding the perfect balance between Yin and Yang. Hot and cold. Brightness and darkness. Feminine and masculine. But how do you do that? Glad you asked!
Yang (masculine) is everything light, warmth, hardness, simplicity, geometrical and vertical shapes. Think light fixtures, windows, and furniture. Yin (feminine), on the other hand, is dark, soft, round, organic, and horizontal shapes. Think cushions, flowers, and curtains. Both energies should be distributed as evenly as possible.
Now, the last step is to make sure the 5 elements are present in each space.
- Desks, tables, chairs
- Plant-based fabrics
- Floral prints and art that represent nature
- Columnar shapes and towers
- And anything with the colors green or blue
- Lights, candles, and lamps
- Animal fabrics
- Artwork showcasing humans or animals
- Triangular shapes (pyramids)
- And anything red, purple, or pink
- Adobe, tile, brick
- Square or rectangular-shaped ornaments
- And anything brown or yellow
- Metal or stone artwork
- Natural and organic shapes
- And white or pastel colors
- Reflective surfaces
- And anything black or dark-toned
Crystalize Your Intentions
Besides representing the elements, crystals can also help amplify your space.
Crystals work by amplifying positive energy and removing energetic blockages. They will alchemize the energy within your home's environment.
Placing crystals strategically can promote positive thoughts, improve your health and well-being and even help you materialize your dreams. Place them at the entrance of your home, near drainage, and close to your electronics.
Not sure which ones to choose? Here are some suggestions:
1. Place Shungite near your electronics so it can absorb and neutralize electromagnetic waves. You can have it next to your router, or next to your computer. We would even suggest placing a piece of Shungite where you charge your phone, iPad, and other devices.
2. Create a protective circle around your house placing Amethyst. If you live in an apartment you can also place them at every entrance or door. Place an Amethyst under the mattress if you or your loved ones are having problems sleeping. Amethysts also relieve stress and help with anxiety, so place them around the common areas.
3. If you want to call in more abundance, place Pyrite around your home office. We would even suggest that you place one on top of your desk.
4. Placing Rose Quartz around your house will promote unconditional love and compassion all year round. Set a couple of pieces in front of your mirrors to boost your self-esteem. Have one on each side of your bed to promote affection between you and your partner. If all you want is a more positive vibration position your Rose Quartz facing Southwest. This is also a great stone to keep by your front door.
If you want to learn more about crystals and their properties, check out our index card deck. We're sure it will help you find the right one for your space.
The bottom line is Feng Shui and crystals are the perfect combo to boost your home's energy and start attracting more of what you want. Use these principles to harness a more harmonious and energetic environment. We know they will come in handy!
If you would like more help with implementing Feng Shui at your house, be sure to contact an expert who specializes in this field!