Power of Setting Intentions and How can you Incorporate Crystals into that Practice?
Intentions and Goals
Every dream starts with an intention. Our need for love, power, spiritual awakening gets fulfilled through intentions. Each of us has personal and professional goals, but it is vital to set an intention before setting a goal. Intentions enable us to anchor ourselves and create mindfulness in our lives. Productive intentions help to feel calm and reduce feelings of anxiety. The small steps towards the life of our dreams are called intentions. If you intend to wake up early, quit smoking, or lose 10 lbs., it all starts with intention. Every action begins with it, and our deepest intentions shape our destiny.
'Our intention creates our reality.' Wayne Dyer.
Intention setting is a powerful practice that allows us to reflect on our day-to-day routine and adopting excellent and productive habits that can change the course of our lives. Our intentions are made up of our thoughts and actions. It is normal to feel unfocused and distracted. To live life to the fullest, it is vital to set intentions. An intention is a guide, which you manifest and put out in the world. Setting intentions on what matters and aligns with your values leads to desired outcomes.
Intentions are Life-Changing
Setting an intention lets us focus on the moment by raising our emotional energy, which gives us physical energy. You can use the power of intention to achieve your dreams and create the life you have always wanted. A simple act of setting intentions can prove to be life-changing because a clear intention gives you a game plan to succeed. It prompts us how we should spend each day. It is a scientific fact that human consciousness can affect everything.
How to Set Intentions?
Living with intention lets you clarify your life purpose. Reflect on your values to set intentions because they bring you closer to identify your wants and needs. Writing down your short-term and long-term intentions will let you keep track of your progress. Then, every month do a check-in of your intentions and adjust those which no longer align with your plans because change and growth are bound to happen.
Crystals and stones serve as reminders to increase your intention's power manifold. Read on to learn how you can use crystals' healing energy in your intention-setting ritual.
A crystal is a mineral made of a perfect crystalline structure. When viewed under a microscope, it gets seen that its atoms get arranged in a "highly ordered" repeating pattern of sacred geometrical formations.
Crystal healing is an ancient alternative medicine technique that can boost intention, prevent negative energy, release blocked energy, and transform a person's aura. Sumerians, Egyptians, Mesopotamians, Romans, and Greeks used crystals in amulets and talisman to ward off the evil eye and get desired effects, health, and protection.
Crystals vibrate at a frequency, and you can feel this energy in them. Therefore, when you choose a crystal to keep with you, your intuition and attraction towards the stone will guide you, even if you do not have any prior knowledge of crystals.
Healing Energy of Crystals
Crystals have the power to heal, and they widely get used in meditation, rituals, and wellness exercises around the world. Their unique vibrational healing energy gets used for positive effects in crystal healing. Programming your crystals with intentions increases their effectiveness, and even a newbie can open themselves to the magic of crystal healing. Open your mind to the miracles they offer.
Crystals have uniform angles and naturally symmetrical planes. Some crystals are cut and polished, and some are rough, but crystal healers agree that whatever the shape and size of the crystal don't affect their power and energy. So when you are looking for a crystal, remember the crystal is looking for you. Just like humans have been fascinated by crystals, crystals also attract us. So buy what you feel drawn to and follow your intuition.
Uses of Crystals
- Curing physical aches and pains
- Soothing anxiety and depression
- Protection from evil and negative energy
- Stress relief
- Store and transfer energy
- Build confidence
- Boost mindful Practice
- Use during Yoga
- Enhance your home or office decor
- Evoking love, peace, and spiritual awareness
Set Intentions with your Crystals
It is vital to set intentions with your crystals. It is like establishing a relationship with them. Crystals have specific natural properties, and they can give support to you. However, it is essential to let crystals know what help you need. If you want to bring balance, focus, abundance, healing, and positive energy, then programming crystals with intentions get recommended. Charging a crystal with an intention assigns a crystal its job and allows it to work for you. When you have charged and programmed a crystal with intention, it is ready to work for you.
All life goals begin with an intention, and crystals can bring thoughts to bear fruit. Crystals are a powerful tool to put you on the path to your dream's manifestation. Crystals serve as a visual tool for our life goals and their manifestation. They get used as reminders of our intention-setting routines. When you give your crystal a job, it enables you to connect with your wants and needs and lets you reflect on your life goals. Some crystals are excellent for beginners because they hold high vibrational energies—for example, Herkimer Diamonds, Quartz, Lemurian Seed Crystals, etc.
A crystal grid is a blend of sacred geometry with crystals to set intentions for our deepest goals and desires. Sacred Geometry exists in nature in living cells, leaves, branches, snowflakes, galaxies, to name a few. It gets believed that geometry has the power to unlock the mysteries of the universe. To make a crystal grid, crystal healing practitioners align crystals in a geometric pattern to harness the healing and magical powers for manifestation.
How to set up a Crystal Grid?
A crystal grid has three components:
1.The Central Stone
It is the largest stone in the grid and gives the highest vibration. The central stone serves as the grid's anchor and antennae, conveying your intention to the universe.
2.The Surrounding Stones
The surrounding stones act like satellites to receive and broadcast our intention. They get arranged in a geometric shape around the center stone.
3.The Amplification Stones
These are quartz points placed in geometric points between the surrounding stones. It is optional to use amplification quartz points, but they help amplify your crystal grid's power.
When assembling a crystal grid, it is always best to follow your intuition. However, most Crystal Grids include a central stone, surrounding stones, amplification stones, and any objections of importance.
Intention Setting Routines
Here is a structured intention setting practice with crystals. It is a straightforward three-step guide that you can mold according to your intuition and mindset. Trust your gut, add or take away from the routine and make it yours. The power of a personalized routine amplifies.
Four Steps to Set Intentions with Crystals
1. Identification and Cleansing
- Identify the crystal to set your intention.
- Trust your gut and choose the crystal you get drawn to depending on their energy and color.
Next comes the cleansing part.
- A crystal needs some care when it comes to you; think where it has been.
- It may have gotten owned by someone with different priorities than yours.
- Some crystals may have gotten stored in a dusty warehouse or attic for years wrapped away in a newspaper, or it got dug up from some mountain.
- Allow your crystal to rest.
- Place it in sunlight to cleanse it or smudge it with sage or cedar.
- The smoke will purify the crystal of any negative energy.
- Alternately, you can rinse or submerge it under running water to clean it.
- Some crystals are soluble in water, or their surface gets etched when they come into contact with water, which doesn't affect its strength, it only alters its appearance.
- You can cleanse the negative energy under a full moon with salt or smoke.
- Your crystal must be pure, clean, and ready to get and emit energy.
- Crystal healing practitioners recommend that you should always cleanse away any energetic baggage that could have attached itself to the stone.
- Occasionally, you must give your crystals some rest in the sun or moonlight, a fresh rinse, and dust them to get rid of dust to keep them clear and clean.
2. Intention Setting with Crystals
- Take a deep breath. Clear your mind of negative thoughts.
- It also gets recommended to meditate and do breathing exercises for a few minutes to focus your mind on the crystal you are holding.
- Hold and feel the crystal in your hands. Exchanging energy unites you with your healing crystal and creates a deep and meaningful link.
- After you have identified your intention, repeat it by saying it either verbally or in your head. You can say out loud, 'I charge this crystal for ____intention.' Fill in the blank with your desired intention." Repeat it three times.
- Make sure you focus on the thought that your words have power and hold the crystal while doing so.
- Some people like to write down their intentions.
- Do what work best for you.
- You can either hold the crystal over your third eye to activate it.
- Repeat until you feel that the intention gets set in harmony with your mind and body.
- Visualize the crystal absorbing your thought's energy.
- When choosing an intention, it must serve your life goals. Ask the universe to manifest your intentions. Make sure it's a need and not a want.
3. Confirmation your Intention
- After you successfully set your intention put your crystal on your bedside or carry them in your pocket and benefit from its energy throughout the day.
- This Practice enables you to keep your vision field goals because the crystals serve as a reminder tool.
- You must ask your crystals to perform their job and help you in fulfilling your intentions.
- Crystal programming allows us to focus the energy on a target intention.
- Another powerful technique is to use crystal jewelry and set your intention with it.
- You can make a crystal grid in your home or office to manifest your intention with crystals.
4. Express Gratitude
The most appropriate way to end this ritual is to thank the universe for all its blessings. Pray, make a gratitude list, or say thanks to the universe according to your belief or religion. Do whatever float your boat and feels right to you.
Although our intentions have life-changing powers, with time, intentions change too. So it is essential to revise and readjust our intentions occasionally, so they align with our thoughts and goals. Our intentions grow along our spiritual journey, they transform and manifest, and crystals help us achieve this goal. It is advisable to do an intention setting monthly on each new moon.
'In a crystal we have clear evidence of the existence of a formative life principle, and though we cannot understand the life of a crystal, it is nonetheless a living being'. Nikola Tesla.